Friday, February 6, 2009

The Happs

A little update on Jason and I...

Jason is working very hard in school. He is taking Microbiology, Physiology, Senior Biology (all with 3 hour labs) and a communications class.  He was in his last semester of his research, but decided to dedicate more time to that this fall semester, so he withdrew.  He is also working hard at work, getting up at early hours to make it work with his schedule. I use to see and be with him all the time, now I barely see him.  He will be studying for and taking the DAT this May.  Then he will be back in school for his final semester in the fall, taking just a few final classes--Biochemistry (for a minor) and his Senior research. 

As for me...I completed my major and graduated in Pre-professional Biology in December. 
I am waiting to "walk" at the June 2009 graduation (hopefully with Jason, he still has to get approval as he will be finishing up this December).   Jason and I were/are in the same major and I must admit it is a little weird not to go to school and class with him. I rarely see him anymore.  But, for now, I am enjoying this time off of school and work.  I get to be good about cleaning my house every week-as now I have time to focus on that. I finally have time to read for enjoyment again.  I get to exercise and not feel bad about it taking time away from studying.  I actually get to cook the recipes I've been wanting to try, but never had enough time to.  And I am looking forward to actually enjoying Hawaii!  There were weeks I went without seeing the beach even though its a block away.  (I say 'look forward to', because this winter weather brings clouds way too often.)  But with me out of school, that means I can't get a job on campus (especially since there is a hiring freeze), which means (thank heavens our rent is being covered by Jasons job),  we have no money coming in...and so the job hunt has begun.  I am looking for a job, but so far am waiting to hear back from places.  I hopefully will start babysitting 2 adorable little girls come next week. But other than that, we're praying that Heavenly Father will continue to bless us.   

We have been greatly blessed. 
We have amazing families. We have made wonderful friends. We love each other. We live in a Beautiful place. We have a roof over our heads, food to eat and clothes on our backs. What more could we ask for. 

2 comments:

Stephanie Vogel said...

You are livin' the life Michelle!! I am so jealous, I am so white it's sick! Our blog is private now so I need your email address if you want to see it. email me at leviandsteph@yahoo.com

Jennelle said...

Definately enjoy the time you have left. It's surprising how fast the time goes. One thing I enjoyed the most after I graduated was reading for enjoyment. I forgot what that felt like. Good luck with the job search. I am sure you will find something soon.