Tuesday, May 5, 2009

2 Date Nights in 1 week?!


Last Monday after work, I called Jason to meet up and walk home with him. He said he already left the library about 5 mins ago, so just meet him at home. When I got home he was veggin on the couch after a long day of studying for the DAT. He asked if I wanted to go grab dinner at Taco bell so we didnt have to worry about cooking.  I asked if I needed a jacket & if we were eating there. He said dont worry about a jacket and yah, we'd eat there. We got there and ordered and he asked them to make it to go. I looked at him very confused.  

See full size image
Little did I know he had planned to have dinner and watch a movie at the beach. He grabbed his backpack from the car and we walked down a bit to the beach. From his backpack he pulled out a blanket and jackets for the both of us. He pulled out the laptop and our feature presentation..."The Little Mermaid". 

It was my favorite Disney movie growing up & had been recently leant to me by a friend. Watching it on the beach made for perfect surround sound. It was a great way to end the day...with a good dinner (where we didnt have to do dishes), great movie and an even better date.



Friday was my night off work & Jason didnt have to job shadow so we decided to make it a day together. After working in the morning, then going grocery shopping, we made lunch then headed to our favorite beach, Keikis. The sun was shining and the water was perfect! 
See full size image
We spent a few hours there then decided we wanted to get out and do something we'd never done here for date night. We decided on ice skating. The last time either of us had ever been was about 10 years ago, during our days in young womens/mens. This was going to be entertaining, to say the least.  There were a ton of teenagers & younger kids there and minus the parents of kids there, Jason & I were pretty sure we were the oldest. 


Warming up with some hot chocolate. 



Jason claims I did better then he thought I was going to do. I only fell once. And that was quite the story.  Jason & I had been holding hands, so I would get the hang of it, I was doing pretty good so he decided to skate ahead and lap me. Which was perfectly fine, until this kid came and cut me off. To prevent myself from falling, my first reaction was grabbing on to the kids hoodie. I was pulling on it for a bit then just let go and finally fell. His friend came over and helped me up. Jason said he hadnt even got half way across & when he looked back I was sitting on the ice, laughing. I thought it was hilarious. Thank heavens it wasnt a hard fall. And it makes for a funny memory.

It was such a fun night and made for another perfect date night. Thanks Jay!

8 comments:

Jennelle said...

Everything sounds so fun! except the ice skating...me and skates don't mix, whether it's ice or roller skates I fall.

So neat on the new car! that is so exciting! It will be really nice to have when you are trying to do all the things you want to get in before you leave Hawaii.

Anonymous said...

You look FANTASTIC!! I love your hair. I miss Hawaii so much. Someday we'll go back, hopefully.

Crystal & Brandon said...

both those dates sound like soo much fun!!!! and your hair is so cute that color! i love it

Anonymous said...

How fun! I love date nights.... I would LOVE a date night on Kahkis!.... Fun memories... we were going to call you guys tonight, but couldnt remember the time differance...?

Kristin said...

My very first date after I turned 16 was watching "The Little Mermaid" on VHS at a park. It was a group date and someone borrowed a generator and we watched it at the ASU Research Park. Thanks for the reminding me! Hope you are doing great. I miss you so much.

Anonymous said...

Nice. Gotta love Taco Bell. We also had that for our date night this week, but we don't have the lovely beach that you have to eat it at! Jealous!

Josh, Hayley, and Baby Channing said...

AWE!!!! So fun!!!! You guys are too cute!

natalie said...

*tear* You guys are adorable! And by the way you both look great. Looking forward to being together in 3 weeks!!!