Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Happy Love Day!

Valentines Day started off with making breakfast, no not heart shaped pancakes, just eggs, bacon and muffins. Which I sent to work with Jason, my own 'stud muffin'.
Deacon got a new bouncy ball from Jason and I..."You make our hearts 'bounce' "
Then Preston got to come over and play for a couple of hours. We decorated some Valentine cookies. I let them decorate one for themselves. I think about all of our sprinkles are gone. They had a great time doing that.

Then we made our loved ones a heart wreath.

Later that afternoon Jason got home from work {and since we had talked about not spending lots, but just enjoying the night as a family}, he got right to work on making a lovely picnic underneath the orange trees in the back.....He was running around collecting things from the house, the yarn balls I made for a Young Women's thing and lights from the garage...he was cute making sure everything looked just right.
Then he ran to the store and got a few things to make dinner & the other treat, was that he basically made dinner! {I helped a little bit.}
However, of course that night of all the nights, it was SOOO cold! The temperature dropped so much from the previous nights and although we had a little fire next to us and wore lots of layers, our food got cold pretty quick. But, dinner was still delicious!


We hung out outside as long as we could then made our way to go get some dessert, we decided on ice cream. I know. Even though it was freezing outside, you can never go wrong with ice cream. Especially for Deacon and I.
We had a really great Valentines Day and I loved being able to spend it with the 2 people I love the most.

No comments: