Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mothers Day 2012

We are so grateful for the Wonderful Mothers in our lives, especially on this Mothers Days.

With us being lucky enough to live by both our families we wanted to spend time with both our moms. We decided to make our moms a delicious meal to treat them today. 

We had my parents over for lunch after church. They got a nice surprise when Kendilyn walked out of the hallway at my house.... With Kendal getting engaged--not officially (he hasn't gotten down on a knee and asked), but  officially, she decided to drop her semester in school at BYU-I and come home get a job and save to pay for her wedding. My mom just didn't know when exactly she'd be coming back to AZ. Kendilyn called me a week before so she'd have a ride from the airport. 
We had salads, my moms favorite type of food. Bagels and cream cheese, cinnamon chips with fruit salsa. Light and delicious. Followed by a good time spent talking and just being together.
I am so grateful to call her my mom and am so amazed by her. I love you Mom! 
{I cant believe I didn't get a picture with her.} 

 
 Afterward, well later that evening, we got to prepare and have dinner with the Ellsworth's, more importantly Valerie, as we celebrated her.  We made for her one of Jason's {currently} favorite meals (it was his choice what he wanted to do for her) its really light and delicious as well, we did Pita Pizzas. We had a great time spending it with them and enjoying spending time to together as a family.
Im grateful for Valerie and her love for me. She raised a wonderful son who Im glad to call my husband. We love you Valerie.  {Again, we didn't get a picture with J and his mom :( }
And finally, I am so incredibly grateful to be able to be a mom to this sweet boy. 
I am amazed everyday at how incredible he is. He is just a joy in my life, a blessing and a miracle.
I love how he'll run every time to me if I have my arms open to give me a big hug. I love the sweet things he says to me, "i love you mommy". I love that he likes to snuggle with me before he goes to bed. Thank you for coming to our family. For putting a smile on my face everyday. And letting me be your mommy. I love you Deacon.






No comments: