Monday, August 18, 2008

A Quarter of a Century.

Every year we all get another year older. And I'm sure I've gained a few wrinkles as time has gone on, but I certainly don't feel older. I've gone through a lot in these 25 years but feel as thought in some strange way time has kind of stood still.

This past Sunday, August 17th, I turned 25.


The day before we left to Saipan we spent the day at the beach then had dinner with Trevor & Lauren and Josh & Hayley and Nick & Tara at the Wilburs then headed over to our place to play some games. Jason suprised me at our place with a beautiful cake he had asked Lauren & Trevor to make. (If he would have done it, I would have definately found out, hence asking Lauren & Trevor.) It was a made from scratch German Chocolate-My favorite! Not only was it delicious but it was also very beautiful!



Jason knew we were going to be gone for my birthday so he planned a shopping trip for me. I had heard about Sara Jessica Parkers new clothing line "Bitten" that shockingly enough was being sold in Hawaii & had really wanted to check it out. So he suprised me early one Saturday morning and took me shopping. On the ride there, he pulled out some fake, photo copied money; he said it was my spending money and when we got up to the check out counter I could pay him with it & exchange it for the real deal. Everything in the store was $9.98 or less-what a steal! I ended up getting shorts and tees and plenty of dresses. And I still have "money" to spare. =]


While here in Saipan, we went to dinner at Tony Romas Saturday to celebrate early. Sunday we were all actually asked to speak in a fireside to those in the branch here 12 and older. So we went to church, prepared for the fireside, then presented that evening. Afterward we went to dinner at Oleai-a little restaurant spot right on the beach. {A bunch of heathens I know, but the ox was in the myer-we didnt have any food! =]} All in all it was a great day!


Thank you everyone for helping to make this birthday a great one! -Especially you Jay!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks like you guys had so much fun. And welcome to the quarter-centure club! I turn 26 next month and am already dreading it. I'll officially be closer to 30 than 20. When did we become old?!

And that cake was beautiful!

standifird family said...

Happy Birthday Michelle! It has been I think since your wedding since I last saw you...but I am SO glad I found your blog! I am totally jealous of you living in HI! Looks awesome! Keep in touch. ~Carlie

Sara said...

Happy Birthday Beautiful Girl!!! I love and miss you so much! I need to call you soon to catch up and I promise I will :) Love you!

The Newmans said...

OH my goodness...Happy birthday! You have one great husband there! What a beautiful cake! And don't you love Bitten...I know, I do too!

Jennelle said...

Yeah! Happy Birthday! I am 28 and still don't feel like I have aged at all. I think when you turn your next quarter of a century you will still look just as good! =o)