Friday, September 19, 2008

"Back to School, Back to School, To Prove to Dad That I'm Not a Fool"

We knew it would come. We loved having a summer break, a chance to "breathe", to play, to relax, to make extra money, to spend time with family and friends, to not be in school, but the time has come.



And so we've gathered our school supplies, purchased books and began our new semester. We actually have been in school for about 2 and 1/2 weeks. And so far so good.

Jason and I think we're pretty lucky; we are both Pre-Professional Biology majors and so we have been in a lot of the same classes. Some people wonder if that really is a good thing, but honestly we both like it. We also get asked, "who's smarter?" We took a statistics class together and our professor told us that she's never had a husband and wife team do so closely as far as our grades.

This semester we are both taking Immunolgy, the Immunolgy lab, Advanced Anatomy (our favorite class!), and Senior Research. Jason is enrolled in Genetics, Genetics lab, and a class for his position at work. And I am enrolled in Senior Biology (as this is my last unergraduate semester). So we have all but one class together.

We are also both working. Jason had applied for a Resident Advisor (R.A.) at the apartment complex we live in for married student housing for the upcoming school year, but didnt get it. So he decided not to work, and focus his time with school. However, over the summer he got a job as a tempory R.A. (Thank you Lauren for submitting his name!) It was only supposed to be over the summer, but one of the newly hired RA's backed out so, they called up Jason and offered him the job. Our prayers were answered! The job doesn't pay hourly but it pays our rent, so we're VERY grateful! I am working as a student secretary in the Biology Department. It has been great for helping others, studying, and I've definately gotten to know the professors a little better-which will hopefully lead to some nice letters of recommendation.

I have already had one exam and Jason has one coming up, so we've been kept very busy. It will be a tough semester, but we're ready for the challenge!

If we seem to have gone missing we're either in class, at work or in the library.

1 comment:

About us . . . said...

Just read the post. So funny. I received the RA job and was supposed to start in Fall. I backed out right before training week started because Roscoe got a job elsewhere so I didn't have to work. I was happy about not having to be an RA, even though I knew it was a huge blessing to have that job extended to me. I wonder if he got my position or someone else's. Either way, it is way awesome that Jason has the job.