Thursday, August 20, 2009

Another Year??



My sister called to wish me a Happy 25th Birthday on Monday, I wish she were right...she was a year too late as this year I've turned a quarter of a century plus one. 
The big 26
Weird.

Our night away in Honolulu the weekend before was the perfect present, especially since Jason had class and work on Monday so we didn't get to spend time together until that night. Since everyone was busy that day I decided to work a few hours myself but that night we had some family and friends over for dinner and some activities.  

 We made my favorite ice cream, my great grandmothers recipe--Lemon Cream Shebert {THE most delicious you'll ever eat!!!} and decorated our own cakes with homemade fondant. All Jasons idea which was perfect cause he knows how much I LOVE desserts! 

    
Everyone took turns shaking a ziplock bag until it was nice and ice creamy.  We all deserved ice cream as we all burnt off the calories before eating.   
 
We really like the show Ace of Cakes so Jason really wanted to make a cake that we could put fondant over.  I helped Jason find a recipe and he went to work.  The fondant turned out pretty good (good job Jay!).  And we made personal cakes so that everyone could make their own "Ace of Cake".
            

The creative geniuses at work...Decorating our own "Ace of Cake".

Thanks to everyone for coming over and helping to celebrate, and for the Birthday wishes! 
 It was a very happy Birthday!

5 comments:

Josh, Hayley, and Baby Channing said...

DID YOU READ IN YOUR LAST BLOG ABOUT MY DREAM ABOUT ACE OF CAKES?!?!?! ha ha ha. We are SO JEALOUS that we were not there! That looked like the most fun night ever! AWE! HAPPY BIRTHDAY MICHELLE! You are so beautiful and awesome! We love you!

AJ said...

what a neat idea for a birthday. and that show is really good.

trevor said...

That was such a fun night, and what a creative Birthday Party! Love you, and happy birthday

kendilyn said...

That was a really fun night! Happy birthday sis. soon to be mother! HEY! can I get a copy of some of these pictures???! :) PLEASE. thank you!

LHall said...

Hi Michelle,

I would love to have your grandmother's recipe for Lemon Creme Sherbet. If you have a half a second email it to me.

Thanks!

Lloya