Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Bittersweet


Jason & I have been SO blessed to have shared the first {almost} 3 years of our marriage out here in Laie, Hawaii. We have gained an education, life long friendships and a stronger relationship with one another. 
Come this December it will be time for change; Jason will complete his bachelors degree and we will be moving on from this amazing place. 

We are thrilled to move to the mainland and be closer to family and friends there, but when Jason brought home the printed confirmation of our ONE WAY flight back to AZ  tears came to my eyes. {And even as I'm writing this, they are flowing back.}  Hawaii has been our home. And always will be. 

For now, for the next 4 1/2 months, we will embrace everything we can while here.  Enjoying the sun, the numerous beaches, the friends, the smells of the plumerias & the gardenias, the sunsets, our small apartment, our nightly walks around town, the hour long drive to more civilization (Honolulu),  the random showers of rain, the wonderful breezes, the short walk to the temple as well as the view, the fresh coconut, pineapple and mangos, the T.V.A lifestyle, trips to Foodland for melona bars, and our life together.  

6 comments:

The Tafuna Family said...

You're just emotional coz you're pregnant.....well, it makes it worse.
But we'll miss you too when you leave!

natalie said...

I have tears for you. It's not easy to leave your heart in another place, as I well know.
I find places are like people, we grow to love and cherish them and while we can't have them around always, our memories will last a lifetime.

Here's to the next chapter and being close to loved ones and new babies! :)

Anonymous said...

Aw sad, Im sorry! It is definatley hard to leave your home. But, we are so excited to have you back, as well as many many others that I know! Enjoy your last months!

Josh, Hayley, and Baby Channing said...

Oh my gosh I cannot empathize with you enough! I am so sorry you have to leave such a beautiful wonderful place. It is such a transitional time in life and its not easy! Hawaii will always be our home too. One of my regrets is not taking more pictures of EVERYTHING!So take pics of temple street, the mountain dew car, tva, the school, etc. ...And then send them to me. ha ha ha

Thank you so much for making the last year we spent in Laie so incredibly awesome! You guys are the best!

Unknown said...

awww, it is such a bittersweet time. don't forget the time you'll have bringing your baby into the world, too! (the tears will only get worse after baby comes -- that's why i'm blubbering during all my testimonies in RS!)

The Newmans said...

While I am so sorry you have to leave your home...I am so excited you will be back here. It will be nice to visit you and you newest addition to the family!