Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Camping?!

I've been wanting to go camping for a while now, but its been too hot! and lets face it, we just havent taken the time to plan it & my belly (the baby) is not getting any smaller. So for our date night last weekend, I told Jason that I had it covered. He ended up having to work Saturday evening which worked out perfectly. While he was at work, I went to work myself. 
(Yup, thats whiteout.)

I had originally planned on us making foil dinners, but it just didn't sound appetizing at the time so we made homemade buffalo wings (thanks for the recipe Trevor! They turned out really good).  While our food settled we played some Uno under the stars (hanging from our homemade tent). And lets just say Jason was a good sport to loose terribly to me. Ha ha. 
We finished the evening by our "campfire" roasting marshmallows and eating Smores. 
For not actually being out camping in the woods, it still was a great time spent with one another. 


9 comments:

The Tafuna Family said...

so creative guys!!!
my dad did that thing with the fake fire and put a flashlight in it at firesides coz some non members asked where the fire was.

Anonymous said...

HOW FUN! I think we all want some more belly pics Michelle!

natalie said...

I love it!!! Michelle, you (and your hubby) are such an inspiration of creativity and having fun together. I love your date night ideas! They are always so awesome and make our dinner dated to Houston's sound pretty lame.

Farrah said...

How cute and creative are you! Love the idea. Your growing belly is very cute!

Kristin said...

My kind of campout!

Trevor and Lauren said...

so creative! you guys should have told us so that Trev and I could have stood outside your window and made animal noises : )

Josh, Hayley, and Baby Channing said...

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! Could you be any cutter of a wife?! You guys are awesome! I want to see a picture of the homemade tent and stars! Is it so hot there right now being pregnant?? You guys look great as always!

Randy and Sarah said...

That is such a cute idea! I am so excited for your upcoming attraction. Being a parent is the best blessing I could have imagined (as I type one-handed). We are excited for your move to the main land. Hopefully we can get together and let our babies have play dates. :)

-Sarah

kendilyn said...

MICHELLE ELLSWORTH! you are such an adorable wiffle!! :) YOU GUYS ARE PRECIOUS!!! cutest date idea ever. xo-xoooo!