Monday, November 30, 2009

Called to Serve.

My younger sister Kendilyn had been thinking and praying about serving a mission for our church for about a year. Every time she considered going she just felt it wasn't the right time, until now. 
She completed all she needed to to 'turn her papers in' and while my mom was here visiting Kendilyn received a large envelope from church headquarters on Friday October 30th. 
With family (those here in Hawaii and the others on speaker phone from everywhere else) and friends gathered around she opened her call. 
And for some strange, ironic reason she was called to serve in the same mission our older brother Trevor served in...Portland Oregon. 
She reports to the missionary training center on February 3th 2010 and will be serving for 18 months. 
We are very excited for her and know that she will be a wonderful missionary. 
The Envelope.

The Shock.

The Call.
{Note: its not signed by the President. oops.}

Congrats Kendal!

4 comments:

The Tafuna Family said...

hey if its not signed, its probably a fake, she should ask for a refund!
maybe jason didnt do a good enough job, they need another bullock to finish off the job...hahaha exciting.

Anonymous said...

That is awesome!! I remember that fun day, although she doesn't look as tearful as I was!! Maybe since it's not signed, she can leave whenever she wants....ok, doubt it. I don't know your sister, but I'm sure she'll make a GREAT missionary for the church.

Josh, Hayley, and Baby Channing said...

No way!! I had no idea she was thinking about a mission! That is so awesome! She sounds like such a fantastic person, sucks we didn't get to meet her, and I know she will be a great missionary!

That is so cool that she is serving in the same mission as Trevor! So cool!

Wait, is that your Mom back in Hawaii??

kendilyn said...

ahhh. THANKS SHELL!!!!! (and everyone else for that matter) serious though I need these pictures!!! I am so anxious and believe me, there were tears. Michelle and Jason didn't catch them on camera. :)

I'M SO EXCITED!!! love you guys!