Saturday, November 14, 2009

Nana.... Mimi..... what's next? =)


 Halloween weekend my mom was able to come out to see her first grand baby. 

While she was here we (Kendilyn, Trevor, Lauren, Jason and I) tried to come up with a name the grand babies would know my mom as.  She knocked down every name we threw out there, Nonny, Gigi, MiMi, Marmi, Momo (mom's mom), etc. Finally on Sunday we came up with something...Kendilyn, my mom and I wanted to bake some rolls for Sunday dinner, we opened up "Nonnys Cookbook" and decided to use the recipe "Nana's Rolls" (my moms grandma). After much contemplation and deliberation of what the grandbabies would call my mom, Kendilyn and I said, "what about Nana?!" I dont know how much she likes it, but we think its here to stay.
 
Im sorry if you got bored here mom; instead of going to the beach and site seeing we spent most of our time inside and just walking around Laie. Thank you for the beautiful quilt you spent many hours making. Thank you for the walks and talks. Thank you for the help. And most importantly, thank you for taking the time and coming out! I love you! 
Guess the name didn't "stay" for very long; its now Mimi!

4 comments:

Josh, Hayley, and Baby Channing said...

AH! Moms are the best! I am so glad that she could come out! What a blessing. How fun!!! My Mom goes by Nana and loves it! I hope it sticks! Its really easy for the kids to say early too! :) Miss you guys!

Aaron and Melanie Gordon said...

So fun! My mom is Nana too, but Sadie came up with that one...Can't wait to see the little guy.

The Newmans said...

Isn't it the best to see your mom with YOUR baby...it's awesome! My mom is Granny...and my mother in law is Mimi! It was hard to come up those names too!

natalie said...

I think Mom already told you but "Mimi" is lookin more likely than 'Nana' at this point. And I love it. Don't you?