Saturday, October 15, 2011

Our Little Baker

Deacon loves to help me cook. Every time he hears me getting into things in the kitchen, he comes running over to see what's going on.
"What you doing Mommy?"
He then works VERY hard to push a chair over from the table to get up and see what I'm doing and offer his help.

We go through phases in our family, some weeks we go through bananas so fast, other weeks they sit and sit for days until they turn too soft for my liking. And then they get turned into banana bread. Yum.
This particular day I decided to let Deacon help me. I pulled out a few extra bowls that he could mix a few ingredients together, just like Mommy. He had some flour, sugar, baking soda, nutmeg, cinnamon and then he wanted to add some water, after mixing it a bit he even tried it. Yuk... But after chewing for a bit he very assuredly nodded his head and announced, "Good".
After I finished my batch, I let him lick the beaters...I think he preferred the full recipe.
I love my little baker.


I love his serious, very focused faces.

"Deacon, let me see you......
.....Say cheese, show me your teeth."
Ahhh, I love him!

No comments: