Sunday, October 30, 2011

Pumpkins..Caramel Apples..Ahh, Fall

A few years ago we started a tradition with some great friends...carving pumpkins and making caramel apples. I love this new tradition!
Unfortunately, we couldn't enjoy that tradition with the same friends,but we invited some other great friends, The Bakers, over to enjoy the night with us.



"Whats that?"

He tried to help clean it out, but after putting his hand in there about three times, he was over it.

Deacon and Preston Boy.

Caramel apples.
They don't look super good, we have yet to learn the tricks of the trade...but they were delicious!

The finished products...
Jason's Owl and my spider.
Deacons pumpkin remained un-carved and we had to throw it away a couple of days later cause of mold. Sorry D. I guess we really should of just let him 'play' with one of ours.


While we were all carving Kevin was being sneaky with his design. A little bit later he found a candle, turned the lights off and showed us his completed work...

AHHH! What a fun way to announce they were pregnant!! 9 weeks and due in May 2012! 
Congratulations Bakers!!



I take after my dad with a few things, one major thing is decorating for holidays.
Jason thinks I'm crazy.
But it makes me feel happy and its a nice little change in our house.
Little Monsters.
Made from toilet paper rolls, paper towel rolls, toothpaste boxes and soap boxes, add a little paint, toothpicks and pom-poms and wall-la!
(Deacons really 'into' "Yo Gabba Gabba", so I did a few characters, Brobee & Muno, just for him.)

Happy Halloween!

No comments: