Monday, July 28, 2008

We may as well & so we did...

Its an unknown 'rule' here in Hawaii to remove your shoes upon entering someone house, but Jason and I were never ones to enforce it, until now...



Jason and I have wanted to get our carpets cleaned from the moment we moved in. The complex is supposed to do it before new tenants move in, but ours definately were not cleaned. From the first day living here, the carpet in the 'entryway' has been brown, as opposed to the blue its suppose to be. Since we're not ones to complain we've just kept up with vacuuming every week (or sometimes more). We decided with the new cabinets it was the perfect opportunity to clean the carpets & the rugs. I came home from work last Thursday night to all the furniture moved from the living room to the kitchen. Jason borrowed the machine from a friend (who borrowed it from work), and got to work. Since it was more of a one man job, Jason took over the reins, even getting on his hands and knees to get the brown out. He did a Fabulous job!
That night we had a slumber party at Trevor & Laurens house so we could wait for the carpet to dry before putting our house back to normal, so thank you to Trevor & Lauren!

A special thanks for the machine and to Jason for all his hard work!




Sick huh?! This is actually rather embarrasing, but it was there when we moved in! We promise!


So please, "Mahalo for removing your shoes".

10 comments:

Matthew Celestine said...

Removing shoes in homes is a wonderful thing to do and I see nothing wrong in requiring it of visitors.

I have an whole blog about this subject: Shoes Off at the Door, Please You might want to take a look.

Trevor and Lauren said...

Yeah, gross. No offense, but that is some disgusting water. Isn't great to have so fresh and so clean clean! And you are welcome ANYTIME!

Trevor and Lauren said...

To stay the night that is.... we might even do the same when we clean our carpets, though you might be on a different little island during that time. HOUSE SITTERS! Woo hoo!

Jennelle said...

HA! that is sick! Bardy and I never removed our shoes because our carpet was sick to start off with like yours was and I am sure everyone elses resideing in TVA. That water was just plain sick!

Your cabnits look great. I had to do a double take when I looked at the picture...I thought you guys had moved but then I read down a little further and saw that you got new cabnits. Kinda makes us want to move back into TVA...ummm...just kidding.

the Hess' said...

All I can saw is Wow.. I wish I had some renters like you guys. Making the place look so nice. THat is so nice Jason just started on this without you even knowing my goodness I don't think Michael would know where to start..

Sara said...

You guys are so dirty! I looooove it!?!?!?!
Hahaha... Go Jason!

The Newmans said...

What a great husband you have there! But...my question is...when are you coming back to AZ so I can see you???

Lorflor said...

WAHOO! i am so happy you two blog. I put a link from mine to yours - hope you don't mind.

The Greer Family said...

I don't know how this happened...but I just saw your comment yesterday! It's so great to hear from you. I read your whole blog and you seem to be doing awesome. Your life sounds like things that people do in the movies: ) I'm adding you to our friends list, let me know if that bothers you.

Stephanie Greer

gwen and bob said...

Nice cabinets, you crazy people!