Sunday, October 11, 2009

Recently.

Time for an update...

Jason is in his last semester of his undergrad program! Woohoo! He had high hopes that by only taking 6 credits it would a breeze & he would be able to spend more time at home...umm. Not so much. We rarely see each other
His time is filled with a class for his job, concluding his Senior Research and BioChemistry and BioChemistry Lab, which is giving him his minor, but taking ALL of his time. He leaves the house sometimes before 8am and (if Im lucky I get to have lunch with him) usually don't see him until after 11pm.  He has homework and quizzes and meetings and works on top of that.
He's working very hard and I am So proud of him


We also had some visitors from the mainland, The Gordons and the Halls. My cousins, Melanie and Kirsten, with their husbands (& babies). We were able to meet up and go to dinner. It was great to see them again and catch up! I just cant believe we didnt take one picture while they were here. =(

As for me...Im 39 weeks pregnant today. And definitely feeling it....although this is the first time I've ever felt it. Our little man has run out of room, taking over all of my abdomen and then some. Its been so great (and at times weird) to feel him move so much. The doctors say I'm progressing well, dilating a centimeter every week for the past 3 weeks. So 3 cm dilated and 75-80% effaced as of last Tuesday. I have been having random & mild contractions, nothing consistent or unbearable as of yet. My doctor said our little one could come any day now
I'm nervous for the delivery and the 'unknown' of when he'll come, I secretly get more nervous before going to bed. With the more than likely possibility of waking up in the middle of the night or the wee hours of the morning to terrible contractions. But I'm excited for the "prize" Jason & I will get in the end.  
To fill my time, since I quit my job a bit ago, I think the whole "nesting" thing has come into play. I clean our apartment about every day. The other day I really went nuts and cleaned all our windows, the window screens, washed the curtains and duct taped the screens to the wall (the screen here in Hawaii have a tendency not to fit quite right & I wasn't about to 'allow' any type of creepy crawly find its way into our house with the little guy on his way).  I have washed all of his clothes, set up a little nursery-well a spot in our room for his crib & things and a drawer in our dresser for his clothes. (hey, we live in a one bedroom apt). And am constantly double checking our hospital bags to make sure we have everything ready. 
Let the countdown begin. 

With Jason being so busy, especially this past week and weekend with a BioChemistry exam, white glove inspections he had to do at work, senior research--he continuously reminds me every day that he has his phone on 'loud' if I need to get a hold of him. For Jasons sake, thankfully the baby listened to his request of waiting until at least today for his big debut. Nothing as of yet, but we'll keep you posted.
 
We are so excited to welcome him into our family and cant wait for him! 

9 comments:

Kristin said...

Today is Nathan's b-day and we were hoping for some 'news' so our little guys would share a b-day. ;-) Sharing this very cool month is great though! We love you and miss you and are so excited to meet ?. :-)

love,
Kristin

Kristin said...

'Grampa' is here to celebrate the birthday and says to tell 'Gavin' hello for him :-)

the Hess' said...

glad to hear you are nesting and that you are already dialated to a 3.. Goodness that boy sounds like he is ready to come soon.. :)

Jennelle said...

You are so close!...My prediction is that your labor will be 12 hours or less. You are already 80% effaced, thats a good thing! When I first went into the hospital I was 2 centimeters and 90% effaced and I had only been having contractions for 4 hours I think it also helped that she was sitting very low the last few weeks. My labor was 12 hours. Your body is ready. Don't worry you will do great!!! I really don't think contractions are as bad as everyones says they are...Hollywood really hipes it u I think... but then maybe mine weren't as bad as other peoples. Just relax and take deep "yoga" breaths....it helps so much. I thought the only really painful part was when I had to start pushing but when I started pushing was much better. Good luck with everything, We can't wait to see your little one!!!!

Anonymous said...

So close! Good luck and I can't wait to see the little guy!

Bill and Tara said...

We are so excited for you!

Anonymous said...

We are so excited for you guys! Good luck whenever the time comes! You will do great!

Josh, Hayley, and Baby Channing said...

AHHHHHH!!! YOU GUYS!!! Just got the news!! CONGRATULATIONS!! We love and adore you three!!

Troy, Tami, Linken and Pierson said...

Good luck! You are so close... Such an amazing experience!