Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Surprise!

Jason and I decided that since we wouldn't be home for a year, that we would use our accumulated miles from our credit card and put them toward a flight to come home for Christmas. Then we thought we should surprise our families. We got our 'tickets' in September and kept it from our families for months. --we ended up telling Jasons family so that someone could pick us up from the airport.
Our flight was Saturday December 13th. We drove down to the airport with the Holladays (Tara was on the same flight) & Trevor and Lauren. It was quite the trip. At one point the weather was so bad, raining so hard, we could barely see the road. Thankfully we got there safely and our flight was actually delayed an hour.
We got into Phoenix at 1:30am stayed up and chatted with Jasons family and finally went to bed. We went to Jasons parents ward in the morning then headed to my parents house to surprise them, my dad had apparently left for church just a few minutes before we got there (he had to be to church early). I knocked on my parents door and my mom answered it, she opened the door and just starred at Jason and I for about a minute. She was definitely shocked. Then gave us both a huge hug. It was a joyous reunion.
We went to church with her. The meeting hadn't started yet. My dad was walking around with his back to us, shaking everyones hand. I went up to him and tapped him on the shoulder, he turned around, "You got to be kidding me!"
A few of our family members weren't here in AZ this Christmas (Nikki, Trevor & Lauren, Eric & Kristin & Family) we have missed them, but it has been great to home and be with family and our friends here in Arizona for this Christmas Break.

3 comments:

Sara said...

It was so good to see you guys!!! That is such a dad comment "You've got to be kidding me!" haha..great stories :) Love you!

Nikki Bullock Olave said...

LUCky!
that's great you went home.
second...what the?! you chopped the hair. cute!

and i love the christmas music. we didn't hear a whole lot in muslim jewish land in egypt, jordan , and israel. i missed that.

missed you too!
xoxo!

LHall said...

That's really fun. I wish I could have been down in sunny Arizona to see you. I'm glad you had a good time. Have you talked Val into coming to visit?