Monday, June 7, 2010

Brookhaven, Mississippi


"A HOME SEEKERS PARADISE"

There is something about small towns and their downtowns that draw me to them. I love the old buildings, the architecture, the colors, the character, the wonder of the past & those who once lived there.

We spend Sunday afternoon driving through Brookhaven, {it only took about an hour}. I was infatuated with the character of the town. I wish I would have taken some pictures as we drove through the old neighborhoods, but I was too distracted with the charm of the homes. Beautiful antebellum, plantation homes. With tons of windows. With shutters. With color hidden in the brush of trees and plants and flowers. Why can't they build homes like those in Arizona?! Why can't they have charm and character and be different from each other? My dream: to live a neighborhood like that, but in AZ. Maybe some day it'll come true.


Even though the humidity seems to be 90% all the time here, Deacon & I have to get out and get some fresh air so we walk around outside for a bit. It was a beautiful day, minus the thick layer of humidity you could clearly see. Deacon was so funny. Normally, he is so distracted with everything around him that he won't look at me for me to take his picture & when he does he can be quite serious and wont smile, but today he was all smiles. He'd be looking down in the grass or out at the cars and then I'd call his name and he'd give me a huge smile. What a charmer.
His serious face. I wonder what he's thinking. Some say its intimidating. ha ha.
And he's done with taking pictures; on to more important things, his shoes.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such a cute little town! I was scared to move away from AZ at first, but now I just love going to new places! I sure hope you guys have fun this summer! I am sure you will.
Deacon is so adorable! Lincoln and I have to get out a little each day too. Sometimes I come home all sweaty, but it's worth it to make the little man happy, right??

trevor said...

Thank you so much for keeping us up to date with your adventures! The photos are great! I can not believe how big Deacon is getting- what a stud. Have fun in the dirty south, and be safe. We miss you guys!

Arianna said...

oh my gosh! he is getting so big :) i miss you guys,I HOPE YOUR HAVING FUN!! ok so how do you do that cool font on your blog??!! JEALOUS:D LOVE & MISS YOU GUYS