Wednesday, March 7, 2012

"Wicked"

Years ago I heard nothing but great things about the new Broadway musical "Wicked".
Then, when I was going to school and in the choir at BYU-H we sang, "For Good", a song from the musical and I fell in love. Of course the only times they came to AZ, Jason and I were living in Hawaii. When we found out that they were finally coming back to AZ in 2012, when Jason and I would be in town, we checked out the ticket prices, but with all the added fees decided that we just couldn't afford it.
Tressa and TJ had us for Christmas this past year and got to talking with Jason about some ideas. Jason decided that instead of them getting us a deep fryer, that he would pay the difference if they got us tickets to go see "Wicked"! I was thrilled!
The show was for March 6th at ASU-Gammage, so it was a long wait, but worth it.
It was fun to get all dressed up and go on a date with the hubby.
The show was incredible! We loved the music and the costumes. Amazing.
..{I did decide that although the balcony was great, I think that even sitting just one more level down would have been nice....But I am SO grateful we got to go!!}

The ushers were pretty strict about no pictures, so we got one as we were walking out of the theatre.

Thank you, thank you to Tressa, TJ and Jason for a wonderful Christmas present!

No comments: